Divorce can be really, really hard. The years during and following a divorce might be the most difficult in your life, but eventually you build yourself back up. You find a flow in your day to day. Your life changes in so many ways. And all of those changes can make dating difficult. Or, really, make wanting to date difficult.
Here’s the tongue in cheek single mom’s list of reasons dating is just too much:
There are definitely some perks associated with the single life. The thought of giving them up can move dating (which is so much work) down the list of life priorities.
- Sleep. In a comfy bed by yourself. By yourself is the key here. There is so much to love about not having to share a bed with another human being.
- Because on your own, eating cookies and drinking wine is a perfectly acceptable dinner plan.
- You can shave if you want. Or don’t.
- You clean up after your child(ren). That’s all. You don’t clean up after any other adult. Yaasss to that.
- You have complete control over Netflix. Remote control tyranny.
- You don’t have to compromise. You go where you want, when you want.
- No time spent with in-laws or other “required” socializing you’d rather not attend.
- No strings. No commitment. No drama.
- Flirt. When you want, with whom you’d like.
- No more “Can you? Will you? Did you”s
- The entire house can be outfited in shades of mint and lavender if you so please.
- No man cave.
- Laundry goes into the basket. Or you throw it on the floor. Whichever you choose. At least you’re not picking up someone else’s dirty socks.
- You have enough work. What you really need is more me time.